In an effort to ensure the safety of our staff and clients, we are utilizing low-contact service to all our clients for all pet care needs.
Your health and your pet’s health and well-being are our utmost priority. To that end, we feel with the evolving COVID-19 situation it is necessary to adjust our approach to patient care and take additional precautionary measures to limit one-on-one interaction and potential exposure.
Our ultimate goal is to continue to be a resource to you and your pets, in a safe and supportive environment. We plan on remaining open with our regularly scheduled business hours, but with the following protocols:
We are restricting access to our building.
For scheduled appointments, we ask that you:
- Call our front desk at (510) 841-4412 when you arrive at the hospital.*
- If you are not driving, or do not have access to a cell phone, our team will make accommodations for you outside the lobby.
- Our team will take your pet’s information over the phone.
- Once we have the information we need, our team will meet you at your car.
- You will receive a call from the doctor from your car to discuss the exam and treatment of your pet.
- Estimates for patient care will be provided over the phone or via email and we will ask for email or signature consent for treatment.
- Once your pet is ready to checkout, our client care team will give you a call to take payment over the phone and to go over any discharge instructions.
- In most cases, the treatment of your pet will be accomplished while you wait in your car. If your pet needs to remain with us, we will provide the estimate for care and then plan on providing regular updates by phone or via text messages.
- Once your pet is ready to go home, and all of the above is completed, our medical team will call you to receive your pet outside of the lobby.
If your pet is in need of end of life care:
Please call our team directly to schedule an appointment for euthanasia services.
Please call (510) 841-4412 when you arrive. Our team will meet you outside of the entrance of the building and escort you to a private room for care. (We ask that you are clear of any respiratory signs before entering our facility.) Unfortunately, we do have to ask that only one person accompany your pet for end-of-life care.
If your pet requires a medication refill or prescription food order and is overdue for an exam:
Please call our team directly at (510) 841-4412 to discuss with our medical team. Please allow 24-48 hours for medical records review, doctor’s approvals, and getting the medicines filled. We will deliver the supplies to you in your car.
If you are COVID symptomatic, but your pet needs to be seen:
If you are symptomatic, but your pet needs to be seen, we encourage you to have a friend or family member bring your pet in for their appointment. We can arrange for you to be reached by phone. (It is essential to stress that anyone with respiratory signs must stay home.) Our team will then plan to come outside to retrieve your pet and call you with assessment, estimate and next steps.
Rest assured, we are monitoring the situation closely and will continue to provide as much care and support as we can. If you have any questions, we are just a phone call away at (510) 841-4412.